none
Grayscale Problem in Publisher 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have some code that changes photos to grayscale through use of the .PictureFormat.ColorType property.   For example:

ActiveDocument.Pages(1).Shapes(1).PictureFormat.ColorType = msoPictureGrayscale

It works great in 2007 and 2010.

With my upgrade to 2013, it no longer works.  The photos are always full-color.  As a test to make sure it wasn't a problem with my existing code, I went so far as to open a new Publisher document, add a photo, and use a single line of VBA to try to accomplish the same, but got the same results.  The .PictureFormat.ColorType method only appears to work with msoPictureWatermark and msoPictureAutomatic, not msoPictureBlackAndWhite, msoPictureGraysale, or msoPictureMixed.

Even weirder, when I open an existing document containing photos that were made grayscale using the .PictureFormat.ColorType method, they show up in grayscale in 2007/2010, but full-color in 2013.  Photos that were recolored to grayscale using the ribbon button display properly.

Has there been a change to the way Publisher colors photos, and is there a method I can use in VBA or VB.net to accomplish this without resorting to the ribbon button?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, March 2, 2013 3:35 AM

Answers

All replies