Copy files from WS2003 to Azure Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have windows server 2003 sp2 server which holds lots of materiel files. I have a task to upload those files to azure storage without any manual intervention. When ever files placed into the folder it automatically upload to Azure. i tried Azure storage explorer and some of the GUI tools but none of them are offering automation. Also, i need that tool to be supported for WS2003. Can anybody guide me how to upload?

Total File size = approx 2TB

Regards, Logan

Saturday, June 14, 2014 4:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• May I suggest you take a look at AzCopy tool from Azure Storage Team. It's a command line tool where upload can be automated. More information about this tool can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2013/04/01/azcopy-using-cross-account-copy-blob.aspx.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:30 AM
  • I have gone through the Azcopy tool. it is working fine with the WS2003 and i can able to upload the data. But i can't able to automate the process means continuos copy to azure storage. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards, Logan

Monday, June 16, 2014 9:27 AM
  • For automation, one thing you could do is write a separate application (could be a Windows Service as well) which constantly polls this folder (using FileSystemWatcher) and whenever a new file is created in the folder, this application calls AzCopy to initiate copy action.

Hope this helps.

Monday, June 16, 2014 9:31 AM