none
"Can't find Language DLL msain.dll" ErrorMessage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    My friend has an MS-Access database file lives on his machine (.mdb) that whenever he try to open it this error message pops-up "Can't find Language DLL msain.dll" 
    But the whenever I try to open that file on my machine it opens normally.

He tried to reinstall Office package, and that still doesn't solve the issue.

Any suggestion about that issue will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Typically, a repair or reinstall of Office should work (fix the problem). You could also try reinstalling just Access. What version of Access is it?

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:30 PM
  • Hi swaaa,

i can see that you are able to open the same database on your machine.

i suggest you to copy the objects from that database to new database using your machine.

then try to use that new database on your friends machine and try to open that database.

also check whether you are able to create new database on that machine or not.

you can also try to open any other database on his machine to check whether the issue is only with specific database or with Application.

let us know , if this suggestion work for you or not.

if not, please try to provide more information about Access on both machine and information about database.

we will try to provide you further suggestions to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:01 AM
  • me and my friend using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Using My Office App 2010
    Monday, January 15, 2018 4:34 PM
  • Actually the same error message pops-up whenever he try to open any Access file on his machine.
    Monday, January 15, 2018 4:36 PM
  • Hi swaaa,

It looks like the DLL file get corrupted.

You can try to go to control panel and try to repair the Office as suggested by .theDBguy

It can solve your issue.

So please try to test this suggestion on your side and let us know about the result.

If issue persist then we will try to provide you further suggestions to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:28 AM
  • Hi swaaa,

>> me and my friend using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Using My Office App 2010

What is the specific version for Office 365, Access 2013 or Access 2016?

If your friend open Access, and create a new access database, will he receive the same error?

I suggest you create a new Access database with .accdb extension, will it work on your friend computer?

In addition, did he install multiple Access version on his computer?

>> He tried to reinstall Office package

Which package did he reinstall?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:43 AM