none
Lending Library Template Edit - Add a field to Check out window to appear in lending history RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, 

I am fairly new to access however I have managed to edit the lending library to fit the needs of the small business I work for.  I am currently using the lending library template to manage loaner motorcycles. So far so good. The only issue I am trying to resolve is the need for an editable License Plate Number Field at "Check out" that would then take the text keyed in at the time of check out to the Lending History page.  We need this because our license plates are not always the same ones with each bike and if a customer gets a ticket we need to be able to recall whose it 

Anytime I try to experiment with different methods I come up with an error.  I noticed that I cannot simply mimic a different field becuase my source is not an option from the drop down and when i go the longer route, I am sure I am listing the code incorrectly.  

Can anyone help?

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:16 PM

Answers

• Hi. I am not familiar with the template, but it might be simpler to just enter the plate number in the Notes field (or whatever Memo field it must have for comments or notes). Otherwise, you may be talking about adding a new field to the table and then adding to the form(s). Just my 2 cents...
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, June 27, 2016 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hi. I am not familiar with the template, but it might be simpler to just enter the plate number in the Notes field (or whatever Memo field it must have for comments or notes). Otherwise, you may be talking about adding a new field to the table and then adding to the form(s). Just my 2 cents...
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, June 27, 2016 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:34 PM
  • That's what I ended up doing, it registers perfectly in the lending history. I changed the visible text so that it doesnt confuse users.  In the customer info i have the field hidden so no one adds other text. 

I guess I would still like to know how to draw data from other tables 

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:47 PM
  • >>>I guess I would still like to know how to draw data from other tables

According to your description, you could build a query that combines information from multiple sources or use the DLookup function to get the value of a particular field from a specified set of records (a domain). 

For more information, please refer to below links:

Create a query based on multiple tables

DLookup Function

In addition could you provide more information about your issue, for example sample code, screenshot etc., that will help us resolve your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:14 AM