none
REST Unstructured format does not return same result as structured format RRS feed

• Question

• This unstructured format
    http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Locations?addressLine=3712%20Adelaide&adminDistrict=TX&locality=The%20Colony&countryRegion=US&postalCode=75056&maxRes=1&key=YourKey
    does not seem to return the same result as this structured format
    http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Locations/US/TX/75056/The%20Colony/3712%20Adelaide?o=json&key=YourKey
    The structured format is returning high confidence and the unstructured format is returning medium.  What am I missing?
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:03 AM

Answers

• Here is the response from the Microsoft Bing Team:

Issue Definition: Question regarding Bing Maps REST Location API service. Scope Agreement: As per our communication, you provided a query for 3712 Adelaide, The Colony, TX 75056 with the Bing Maps REST Location API with a Basic and Enterprise key and received different results and you would like to know the reason. The reason you are receiving different results is because we are in the middle of deploying new information to the Bing Maps REST geocoder. This information is first flighted on Basic (free) accounts before it is released to Enterprise customers.

Our Product Group let us know that it should be deployed to all Enterprise customers by the end of this month.

• Marked as answer by RJBreneman2 Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:29 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:29 PM

All replies

• I have discovered the unstructured format returns medium confidence with my current API key and returns high confidence with a new trial key.  What does this mean?
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:41 AM
  • Trying both of these I get the exact same results, both with high confidence.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:24 PM
  • Here is the response from the Microsoft Bing Team:

Issue Definition: Question regarding Bing Maps REST Location API service. Scope Agreement: As per our communication, you provided a query for 3712 Adelaide, The Colony, TX 75056 with the Bing Maps REST Location API with a Basic and Enterprise key and received different results and you would like to know the reason. The reason you are receiving different results is because we are in the middle of deploying new information to the Bing Maps REST geocoder. This information is first flighted on Basic (free) accounts before it is released to Enterprise customers.

Our Product Group let us know that it should be deployed to all Enterprise customers by the end of this month.

• Marked as answer by RJBreneman2 Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:29 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:29 PM