none
Installing SSMS 18 won't go past "Loading Packages" phase

Question

• I'm trying to install SSMS 18 and all I am able to get once I click on the downloaded application to install all it shows is a bar moving and it says "Loading packages. Please wait..."

It won't move past this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Friday, May 17, 2019 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hi litlogan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

It seems the installation stuck on and please have a try with the following to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Restart the computer after the failed installation of SSMS
    2. Temporarily disable any antivirus software and firewall, retry the installation
    3. Clean up the %temp% folder
    4. Make sure run the installer as administrator  

If the issue persists, we need your help to collect the installation logs, please use this collect.exetool and found the vslogs.zip under %temp% folder, upload it to the OneDrive and share the link in here, that will help us analysis this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 20, 2019 6:23 AM
  • litlogan,

Are you running this setup using 'run as administrator...'? If not, please give a try.

Regards, http://www.shwetalodha.blogspot.in/

Monday, May 20, 2019 11:26 AM
  • Same issue. Described steps above don't help. Any info?
    Friday, June 14, 2019 6:30 AM