none
Can't add FastColoredTextBox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i have problem that i was trying to fix for like 3 hours

When i tried to add FastColoredTextBox to my toolbox i couldn't find it 

when i clicked "show All" i found it but it was gray and i coudln't use it at all

Im using Visual Studio 2019

And project on Windows Forms App (.NET core)

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:02 PM

All replies

• I don't have VS2019 installed, should not matter, only way to tell is if someone else tries to install it.

The library installed fine for me without doing anything other than building then installing in a new tab.

You could try changing the .NET Framework from 2.0 to say 4.7.2, rebuild and try again.

Also consider posting the issue here

https://github.com/PavelTorgashov/FastColoredTextBox/issues

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:08 PM
  • Hi Kursoreo,

Thank you for posting here.

At this time the WinForms .NET Core designer is in very early development stages. It seems that the current version does not support user controls.

So I'm afraid we can't add it to the toolbox, but we can use it with code.

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                FastColoredTextBox fastColoredTextBox = new FastColoredTextBox();
                fastColoredTextBox.Location = new Point(300, 100);

this.Controls.Add(fastColoredTextBox);
            }

Result:

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

Has your issue been resolved?

If so, please click "Mark as answer" to the appropriate answer, so that it will help other members to find the solution quickly if they face a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:15 AM