none
VIRTUAL MACHINE CANNOT REBOOT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have a problem rebooting my virtual machine
    The problem occured when i log off virtual machine and then when i clicked start again , it throw an error below

windows could not start because of a general computer hardware configuration problem
    attempting to load and x64 operating system, however  this system does not have the APIC configured

Does anybody has any idea to solve this
    By the way , I check the virtual machine it doesn't have APIC in the BIOS.
    If there is no solution with this problem or error, can i restore the virtual machine file to a new virtual machine
    Thanks

GUKGUK
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

windows could not start because of a general computer hardware configuration problem
    attempting to load and x64 operating system, however  this system does not have the APIC configured

I also have come across this exact error message in one of the five virtual machines under Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 only few days ago. COuld this have been caused by an update? Because before the error started appearing, the host and guest've worked for like three years. There's no space issue going, memory is sufficient - no hardware or BIOS changes done to either host or guests. IN fact, four other guest servers boot normally.

Both host and guest are configured to update from a local WSUS server.

Any suggestions appreciated,
    Thanks
    Alex
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:18 PM
  • Hi!

I have a problem rebooting my virtual machine
    The problem occured when i log off virtual machine and then when i clicked start again , it throw an error below

Does anybody has any idea to solve this
    By the way , I check the virtual machine it doesn't have APIC in the BIOS.
    If there is no solution with this problem or error, can i restore the virtual machine file to a new virtual machine
    Thanks

GUKGUK

I also encountered the problem and I had to reinstall the system. I think it is a bug or a problem of incompatibility.
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:21 AM
  • Virtual Server 2005 Doers not support 64 Bit Guests, but assumign you are using Hyper-V and have VMM,  ensure to select the correct OS for the guest under ( right Click - Proerties ) then reisntall Intergration Services

This will restall, Kernal and APIC

Regards, Alan

AlanMcC
    Monday, August 2, 2010 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

Un-install the existing hyper-v components and re-install it by using integration services.

This should resolve the problem.

(As Alan said, virtual server 2005 does not support x64 bit OS. So, I am assuming you are using Hyper-v)

Friday, September 17, 2010 1:22 PM
  • Hi

I am using Hyper-V  and i can't find how i can uninstall and reinstall the integration services

I have the same problem with apic , but this came up after virtual disk extend through hyper v

Any suggestions

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Did you tried safe mode ?

yup

Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:56 AM