none
Sharepoint 2013 Column Limits RRS feed

• Question

• I have an access 2010 web database written to publish on SharePoint 2013. SharePoint limits the number of columns that a query can contain to 255 (dedicated hosting). I know that column counts are summed across all tables referenced in a data macro, regardless if the tables are referenced in separate For Each statements. But, I cannot find any good information as to how the columns are counted.

Questions...

Are all columns contained in the tables referenced in 'For Each Record In' and 'Lookup A Record In' statements counted, or just the specific columns referenced?

If data macros are broken up into separate data macros or sub macros, and called by another macro, are the columns counted across all of the sub macros?

If the same table is reference more than one time in a data macro, is it counted more than once?

If I loop through queries that contain only the specific columns needed for reference as opposed to looping through the table, are only the columns contained in the query counted?

I am bumping against this limit in a couple of my data macros and have been exploring how the limits are applied by trial and error, rewriting data macros and uploading to the server to see if it works, so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Edited by BMood Friday, May 17, 2013 5:17 PM
    • Moved by Bjoern H RappEditor Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:49 PM General SharePoint 2013 question
    Friday, May 17, 2013 5:09 PM