none
COMMIT is not allowed in a subordinate session Error with Oracle Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I am migrating  from adapter pack 1.0 to 2.0 ...

There is a send port that executes a proc and the procedure have a commit in it ...

I get the error "COMMIT is not allowed in a subordinate session"  when I  check  "Use Transaction" check box and select a transaction isolation level...

I am kind of confused here .. These

1. I don't get this error if I have Use Ambient Transaction = true and the Use Transaction is not selected

What Isolation level is  used  by default by the adapter in these situations ?

2. But if I get this error when  Use Ambient Transaction = true and the Use Transaction IS selected 

3. Or else I need to remove the commit from the stored proc  Or don't use Ambient transaction

Thursday, March 25, 2010 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Kyrn,

I think you will find some explaination in how the adapter handles transaction. The Oracle Database adapter supports only the following two transaction isolation levels: ReadCommitted (default) and Serializable. If you talk about SQL Adapter you can select any of the following transaction isolation levels: Serializable, RepeatableRead, ReadCommitted (default), ReadUncommitted, Snapshot, Chaos, and Unspecified. Review this section for SQL Adapter for UseAmbientTransaction. Most of information you are looking for can be found on MSDN BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:58 PM