DAAB with Oracle RRS feed

• Question

• User1221987322 posted
    Hi,

I am working for the first time on .NET so may be some questions can be very stupid. I am working on .NET2.0. I have installed DAAB for .NET Framework 2.0. I hope it support Oracle.. I read in the documentation that it does.

Que 1:
    =====
    I am trying to use DAAB in my application. The backend is oracle. I have ODP.NET installed to work with Oracle however when I try to connect, I get the following error:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.

I have mentioned providerName="System.Data.Oracle" in the web.config file.

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="ECMD" providerName="System.Data.Oracle" connectionString="Persist Security Info=False;user id=aca;data source=xxxx;password=xxxx;"/>
      </connectionStrings>

PS: I am able to connect without any issues if I connect it directly through my own code (not through DAAB).

Que 2
    =====
    Are there any drivers that come in built that I can use to connect to Oracle (without using ODP.NET), I thought I could use OLEDB.. do I need to set any references? Namespace shows up under System.Data.OleDB but it doesnt work.

I am assuming that if I can get the OleDB to work, I can use that for DAAB as well.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Chintu

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:22 PM

All replies

• User173749404 posted

Your connection string is not correct, you should include the connection string like below:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="OracleInstance" connectionString="Server=***;User=***;Password=***;"

providerName="System.Data.OracleClient" />

</connectionStrings>

name is just the instance name of your database.

Provider has to be System.Data.OracleClient

You better use Application Block configuration tool to open your config file then edit it.

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:38 AM
  • User-817787195 posted

chintubajaj,

How do you call a stored proc/package in ORACLE using DAAB?  do you have a sample of code I could see?  Thanks!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:52 PM