Running PowerShell with UWF Enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I found a Powershell script on a MS Web site that is supposed to show which files are consuming space in your Overlay when you have UWF enabled.  However, when I have UWF enabled Powershell will not run.  Does anyone know what file exceptions I have to add to UWF to allow PowerShell to run? 

This is the error message I get when I try to run PowerShell with UWF Enabled:

C:\Windows\system32>powershell
    Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error:
     The type initializer for 'System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.InitialSessionState' threw an exception.

If you want to see it the script I am trying to run it is here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/enterprise/uwfoverlay

Thanks.

• Edited by ismpearson Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hello ismpearson,

Which build OS did you test the command, Windows IoT Core or Windows IoT Enterprise? If Windows IoT Core, which is the version? 

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:54 AM