none
Relating IMAPITable::QueryColumns with Remote Operations (QueryColumnsAll and ?) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to relate the functionality of IMAPITable::QueryColumns with the underlying ROPs.

Based on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms531564(EXCHG.10).aspx, there are essentially two possibilities for querying a column set:
    1. Query the full set of possible columns
    2. Query the current set of columns (which might be the default set, or might be the result of SetColumns)

Which of those possibilities applies depends on the TBL_ALL_COLUMNS flag.

If the TBL_ALL_COLUMNS flag is set, then I can just use the QueryColumnsAll ROP. No problem there - have it working.

If I need to get the current columns for a table, I'm a bit stuck - I can't see a ROP that gives me that. Obviously I could store the results of previous SetColumns calls, but what if there isn't one? How do I get the "default set"?

Brad

Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Brad,

From the server's perspective there is no default set of columns.  You have to implicitly call ROPSetColumns and store the state on the client for future parsing of ROPs in the response buffer.

The client provider in Outlook forces a ROPSetColumns if the application forgets to issue a ROPSetColumns on a table so it handles this.

Monday, May 12, 2008 7:49 PM