text block changes to new word in timeline... not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am using silverlight 2.0 in Blend and am trying to make a text block with the word OUTDOOR change to INDOOR on frame 2 then back to INDOOR on frame 4. Is that possible? It says the property value is invalid everytime I try to change the text on frame 2. Is this just a problem in SL? I had done this before in a non silverlight project and it worked out fine.
    Designer Girl
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:04 PM

Answers

• What you can do is place two TextBlock objects on top of eachother and animate the Opacity of the topmost TextBlock.
    This way you will have the same effect and you can animate the Opacity of a TextBlock over for 0 to 2 and from 2 to 4 seconds (not frames :)...

Njoy!
    • Marked as answer by designerGirl Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:19 PM

All replies

• Silverlight does not support DiscreteStringKeyFrames (the construct underneath that allowed to do this for WPF), yet. Hence you can't do this inside Blend. Please note that Silverlight is a subset of WPF, and things will evolve over time.

Thanks,
    Unni

Monday, June 23, 2008 6:56 AM
  • What you can do is place two TextBlock objects on top of eachother and animate the Opacity of the topmost TextBlock.
    This way you will have the same effect and you can animate the Opacity of a TextBlock over for 0 to 2 and from 2 to 4 seconds (not frames :)...

Njoy!
    • Marked as answer by designerGirl Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:19 PM