setup project - unable to change product code RRS feed

• Question

• User-1471881183 posted

hi all,

im using Vs2010, working in a setup project, there i  want to change the product code & uninstall older version so, i just followed this https://aritrasaha.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/setup-and-deployment-project-uninstall-previous-version/ instrcution but, if i right click click on setup project and click Properties then i dont see the window like below first screenshot, instead im seeing window like screenshot 2. Please tell me how do i open window like SCreenshot1.

Screeshot1:

Screenshot 2:

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:19 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

winseealn@hotmail.com

if i right click click on setup project and click Properties then i dont see the window like below first screenshot, instead im seeing window like screenshot 2.

As you said that you are using visual studio 2010, but, as the screen shows, it is visual studio 2005 windows, perhaps this is the reason why this happens.

If you want to install a new version of a deployment project over old version,

• Set Remove Previous Installation as True
    • Set Detect new version as True
    • Your C# program's version must increase with every deployment
    • You should change version of your installer to one higher version and it will ask you to change product code, select YES.
    • Do not change your upgrade code, let it be same.

see: Installing a new version of a deployment project over old version 

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 3:58 AM