jit RRS feed

• Question

• Can any one give me the brief definition about the types of jit?

Monday, December 18, 2006 12:51 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure what context this question is coming in, but in the most general sense, there are 2 different JITs for managed code - a) the x86 JIT converts the MSIL from a managed assembly into x86 machine code for an x86 machine and b) the x64 JIT converts the MSIL from a managed assembly into x64 machine code for an x64 machine.

Pracheeti Nagarkar

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:56 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what context this question is coming in, but in the most general sense, there are 2 different JITs for managed code - a) the x86 JIT converts the MSIL from a managed assembly into x86 machine code for an x86 machine and b) the x64 JIT converts the MSIL from a managed assembly into x64 machine code for an x64 machine.

Pracheeti Nagarkar

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:56 AM
  •  Abdul143in wrote:

Can any one give me the brief definition about that three types of jit?

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:34 AM
  • Thank you for your help sir i had posted anther question pls answer that also
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:37 AM
  •  Pracheeti Nagarkar - MSFT wrote:

I'm not sure what context this question is coming in, but in the most general sense, there are 2 different JITs for managed code - a) the x86 JIT converts the MSIL from a managed assembly into x86 machine code for an x86 machine and b) the x64 JIT converts the MSIL from a managed assembly into x64 machine code for an x64 machine.

Pracheeti Nagarkar

Friday, December 22, 2006 7:48 AM