none
Deleting/cancelling subscriptions and products

Question

• Hi there.

I'm really struggling to fine where I cancel paid subscriptions and products.

How I got here.

• I had set up an Azure AD account on my own credit card to test some services we might be using external authentication with (when the production ones are ready).
    • One of my devs set up a directory "csdtest" alongside the default directory and our trial users were created there.
    • Because we wanted to test various two-factor journeys I bought eleven basic, two P1, two P2 and some standalone 2FA licences within the 'csdtest' directory the dev set up
    • These were then assigned to users for the lab sessions we did on our service
    • We're greenlit to go into production, so we're stopping all of this because we'll be using the proper organisational Azure AD from April
    • My dev has deleted the users - I'm the only person left, with two directories and a bunch of monthly subscriptions on the non-default directory that I don't need to pay for any more.

What I'm trying to do

• Stop paying for Azure on my own credit card.

What I've tried

• I want to cancel the subs/products - but simply can't find the page where I originally bought the licences and chose 11x basic etc.
    • The 'licences' blade in the AD portal only lets me remove products from users, not remove products completely
    • I can't delete the directory which the products are part of. I'm told there are active products on it.
    • My default directory says it has no products at all so I can't remove them there either

Help!

Friday, March 3, 2017 12:00 PM

All replies

• AD premium licences are bought and cancelled through the Office 365 portal (yes I know...) so you need to go here and cancel them. Go to the admin section, then it's under billing I think.

Deleting a directory can be a bit of a pain, even when you remove the users and licences. I've written a guide here.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Friday, March 3, 2017 1:37 PM
  • Thanks Sam. This is all good stuff.

However, I'm really confused now, because Office365 portal says I'm not a registered user.

Might the products have been bought under a different user - one of the test ones? And if so how can I bring them back under my control?

Tom

Friday, March 3, 2017 6:47 PM
  • The licences are assigned to your tenant, so the easiest way to find the licences would be to login to the office portal with a global admin user that is homed in that tenant, not your live ID or work account that is a guest in that tenant. If you don't have one, create a local account in that tenant, make it a global admin then login to the office portal. You should then see your licences. 

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Friday, March 3, 2017 9:54 PM