Power Pivot 2010 to 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with Power Pivot 2010, a huge file is built in that using cube value fundtions and also pivot tables, and i wont have time to build it from scratch in 2016. 

Do you have any ide how could I transform my file from 2010 to 2016, keeping all the measures i have built as well?

We have tried to open a 2010 file on a computer that has 2016 installed on it, but we cannot connect to the datamodel at all, and i get the following message

"You will need to upgrade this data model with Power pivot for Microsoft Excel 2016"

if i click ok then:

"Error Message:

============================

Specified method is not supported.

Call Stack:

at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.SandboxVersionManager.UpgradeSandbox(DataModelingSandboxAmo sandbox, BackgroundWorker worker)"

Which is not informative enough.

Please help me find a way to solve the issue, and transfer my already built file into the new version

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Nikolett

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Nikolett_Ujvari,

As I tested, you can upgrade Power Pivot Data Models to Excel 2016 as follows.

1.Open the Excel 2010 version, start Power Pivot. Click Power Pivot->Manage to begin the upgrade.

2.It return the message of “This workbook has a Power Pivot data model created using a previous version of the Power Pivot add-in. You’ll need to upgrade this data model with Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel 2013.” Please click OK.

3. Click OK to upgrade the workbook.

4. Save and reload the workbook. 

For more details, please review this article. If you have any other issue, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Amadi Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:38 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:06 AM