How do you create an association class using the VS 2010 Modeling tools? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the need to create an association class in my UML class diagram, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Has anyone created an association class?
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:43 PM

Answers

• There are a few ways of doing this, but I believe the most common would be to simply use another Class element and place it close to the association relationship you are trying to qualify. You can then drop a comment to indicate that that new class is meant to be an association class. You could go farther and create a stereotype and attribute that class with the new stereotype so that you could react to that class when generating code ( if that is what you are doing ). A few options here...
    Cameron Skinner
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• Sorry, Association classes are not supported in VS2010.
    Cameron Skinner
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Thanks for the information CameronS.  Do you have a suggestion as to how I could represent (or approximate) an association class within VS2010?
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:28 PM
  • There are a few ways of doing this, but I believe the most common would be to simply use another Class element and place it close to the association relationship you are trying to qualify. You can then drop a comment to indicate that that new class is meant to be an association class. You could go farther and create a stereotype and attribute that class with the new stereotype so that you could react to that class when generating code ( if that is what you are doing ). A few options here...
    Cameron Skinner
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:45 PM