[U8.1]MPNS and WNS grouped tile and toast notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Is it somehow possible to send grouped tile and toast notification  to MPNS and WNS server.?

I need to "guaranteed" tile and toast notification to device

So both tile and toast or nothing.

I  know that I can create background task and create tile and toast.

But I just want to know if it is somehow possible?

Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hello

I have email client and user have app tile with unread emails count

So we use push notification to notify about unread emails count and toast notification with email info

And we don't want to see situations when user receive only one of  notifications. It can happen.

I know that we can handle raw notification in background task and then change tile and do toast notificaitons

but I just want to know if MPNS and WNS  support something that can solve my problem without background task.

Thx

Hi Seznam,

>>but I just want to know if MPNS and WNS  support something that can solve my problem without background task.

There is no a simpler way to achieve this currently. We have to handle this in our apps, like using BackgroundTask

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, July 5, 2015 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Seznam,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 

What type of app are you writing? Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools .

Back to your question, if I'm not misunderstanding, you wants to send series of notification.

In Windows runtime apps, we need to use notification queue, see Using the notification queue (Windows Runtime apps) for details.

Here is a official sample: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/app-tiles-and-badges-sample-5fc49148

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, July 3, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Hello

So we use push notification to notify about unread emails count and toast notification with email info

And we don't want to see situations when user receive only one of  notifications. It can happen.

I know that we can handle raw notification in background task and then change tile and do toast notificaitons

but I just want to know if MPNS and WNS  support something that can solve my problem without background task.

Thx

Friday, July 3, 2015 11:33 AM
  • Hello

Thx

Hi Seznam,

>>but I just want to know if MPNS and WNS  support something that can solve my problem without background task.

There is no a simpler way to achieve this currently. We have to handle this in our apps, like using BackgroundTask

Sunday, July 5, 2015 1:45 PM