none
There are three IIS Web site, and all three of the named pipe binding, always only one communication RRS feed

• Question

• There are three IIS Web site, and all three of the named pipe binding, always only one communication

When I cmd>IISReset, then any Web site first started, then it could communicate, launched after the cannot communicate, exceptions that are thrown are as follows:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException,There was an error reading from the pipe: The pipe has been ended. (109, 0x6d).,

Server stack trace: 

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.DelegatingConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOpenOnce.System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ICallOnce.Call(ServiceChannel channel, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:06 AM

Answers

• I find the reason.

As three website has used the same bind to localhost, respectively

SiteA:net.pipe://localhost/Demo/SiteA.svc

SiteB:net.pipe://localhost/Demo/SiteB.svc

SiteC:net.pipe://localhost/Demo/SiteC.svc

Wrong in localhost, must be different

SiteA:net.pipe://localhostA/Demo/SiteA.svc

SiteB:net.pipe://localhostB/Demo/SiteB.svc

SiteC:net.pipe://localhostC/Demo/SiteC.svc

So that the correct
    • Marked as answer by Link.F.Zaro Friday, October 28, 2016 12:21 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 12:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Link,

I found your another thread Three sites, one needs to bind 0.0.0.0, the other two need to bind 127.0.0.1, how to configure? Netstat-Aon so?, did this issue cause that you want one site bind to 0.0.0.0 and other two bind to 127.0.0.1?

Did you develop with WCF? Normally, I published my WCF Service to IIS, and I did not change the bind address. Could you share us more information about your issue like detailed steps you publish your side?

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:26 AM
  • I find the reason.

As three website has used the same bind to localhost, respectively

SiteA:net.pipe://localhost/Demo/SiteA.svc

SiteB:net.pipe://localhost/Demo/SiteB.svc

SiteC:net.pipe://localhost/Demo/SiteC.svc

Wrong in localhost, must be different

SiteA:net.pipe://localhostA/Demo/SiteA.svc

SiteB:net.pipe://localhostB/Demo/SiteB.svc

SiteC:net.pipe://localhostC/Demo/SiteC.svc

So that the correct
    • Marked as answer by Link.F.Zaro Friday, October 28, 2016 12:21 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 12:21 AM
  • Hi Link,

Thanks for sharing the solution. It would be much helpful if others who run into the same issue.

Could you share us more information about localhostA and localhostB? How did you configure it in IIS?

Did you change the port number or try something like what you want in this thread Three sites, one needs to bind 0.0.0.0, the other two need to bind 127.0.0.1, how to configure? Netstat-Aon so? Have your another thread been resolved? If not, please feel free to keep the another thread. If you have, it would be appreciated if you could share us your solution.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:42 AM
  • Hi ,

That different question between named.pipe and http in IIS, this Describes the three websites are bound named.pipe, another 0.0.0.0 describes threewebsites are bound http,

IP address is 127.0.0.1, but using netstat command query, why is 0.0.0.0, nothing to do with port

For more information on the other issues ,I replay on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:30 AM

Monday, October 31, 2016 12:37 AM
  • Hi Link,

Got it, let's keep focus on your another thread.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Monday, October 31, 2016 1:45 AM