Problems with package sign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm, on the project for Windows10 Universal with Ionic2 and Angular2. Using Visual Studio, everything works fine before I try Assign to Store.., after that I'm getting 
    an app with blank screen. If I try to sign app manually and manually add Package/Name to config.xml I'm getting this error in terminal http://prntscr.com/d4zsnf, it refers to the <Appliction Id /> in AppManifest.xml file http://prntscr.com/d4ztdw, looks like it doesn't like numbers in the beggining. This id compiles when I do build or run command, so I can't change it manualy.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it possible to change Package/Name?

Thanks!
    • Moved by David_FF Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:49 AM associate with store
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:04 AM

Answers

• I found a solution, and I'll leave it here for those who will need it.
    I just added <preference name="WindowsStoreIdentityName" value="youtPackajeName" /> to my config.xml, so in AppManifest.xml after build I'm getting Item Name with name in this preference, and in Application Id I'm gettin the id from Widget id.
    • Marked as answer by eKreative Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:16 AM
    • Edited by eKreative Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:17 AM
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:16 AM

All replies

• I found a solution, and I'll leave it here for those who will need it.
    I just added <preference name="WindowsStoreIdentityName" value="youtPackajeName" /> to my config.xml, so in AppManifest.xml after build I'm getting Item Name with name in this preference, and in Application Id I'm gettin the id from Widget id.
    • Marked as answer by eKreative Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:16 AM
    • Edited by eKreative Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:17 AM
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Hello,

I have checked your screenshots and I note that your application id looks like the same as your package Identity Name.

Usually the default value of the application id is  “App” when you using a Visual Studio template, thus the developers are supposed to change it in manifest manually.

If your app has been in the Windows Store, it should not be changed any more. And please note that the ID is unique within the package but not globally. There may be another package on the system that uses the same ID. The same ID cannot be used more than once in the same package.

Your command error indicates that your application id violates pattern constraint. The value of this attribute contains alpha-numeric fields separated by periods. Each field must begin with an ASCII alphabetic character.

More details, please refer to Application.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:34 AM