.NET Compilation error message on only one client machine RRS feed

• Question

• User-703432812 posted

This may be better in an IIS forum, but here goes. I have the dreaded ASP.NET error page with the following error:

Compilation Error Message: BC30451: Name 'SqlHelper' is not declared.

I'm using the Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data helper methods.  I've compiled the application blocks DLL and then added a reference to the DLL in my website project.

But heres the thing, my local machine (running my virtual machine) is my development site running IIS, and the site compiles fine and also runs fine.  Explorer displays the ASPX pages without any errors.  I've asked 2 colleagues to point their HOSTS file at my server machine and they are not getting the compiler error either.  However one machine is displaying this compilation error. I've cleared out the cache of the browser and hit CTRL+F5 and still the above error. So what I can't understand is how a website will work on 3 machines (one being the actual host machine) apart from one other machine?

Its not a runtime error either its an actual compilation error?!?

Monday, December 15, 2008 11:31 AM

Answers

• User-703432812 posted

Ok my fault, the client machine's host file pointed to a different machine with a similar but broken build:[:$]

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 15, 2008 3:20 PM