none
Changing Contexts RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just getting started with Kinect and was curious whether there might be an advantage repurposing a given gesture based on application context. I only need a small number of gestures.

• I have a collapsible panel on left side and right and left swipe gestures seem the most intuitive to expand and collapse it.
    • Within that panel is a vertical accordion control
    • Each panel within the accordion control will contain a single slider or checkbox but there is one such panel having two sliders.
    • Grab and lateral movement seems intuitive for slider control and hover+push or hover+remaining stationary seems good for checking and unchecking checkboxes as well as expanding an accordion control sub-panel

Naturally, I have to play around but at a high-level does this seem sound? Do any difficulties leap out and are there any foreseeable challenges or caveats?

Pat Pattillo

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:55 PM

All replies

• Depends. Is the accordion control small enough to not need scrolling? Because scrolling is like the slider scenario only in vertical. But there's always the chance you might accidentally grab the sliders which are on the far right side instead.

You should have big enough activity areas to avoid such situations.

I guess you'll have to play around but it seems sound enough.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:35 AM