none
Filtering and RRAS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
        I had some questions regarding filtering and the RRAS which lingered even after reading this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wfp/thread/01aa7107-f115-4403-b905-a873c90b06e2?persist=True. I would like to know if there is a way to set a "default" rule to drop all packets handled by the RRAS (on it's sublayer) unless I have installed a filter to permit them.

Currently, if I need to drop packets, I have to insert a rule in the RRAS area of the Server Manager, and have to override it with my own filters. Which layers should I install this filter in? Is there another way about this?
    • Edited by arunchaganty Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:58 PM Clarified Question
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:56 PM

All replies

• I don't think RRAS has a sublayer.  You should be in your own sublayer anyway.  You can create a filter at the FORWARD layer like Biao mentioned on that other post.  I suppose you could create one filter that blocks everything and then a bunch of specific ones to allow certain things, and as long as the allow ones are more specific, they should take effect.  However, you could also do this as firewall rules which is way simpler than writing a WFP driver for it.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:47 AM