none
PowerPoint Session RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My PowerPoint addin connects with a server, and I need to store data locally.

Is there any mechanism like session to store data after we close the whole application (e.g., in my case, PowerPoint - all presentations)? So that, for the next time, I can get my data from that session? My data is very small, so it's wasteful to use a database.

Thanks, 

Monday, November 24, 2014 3:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The PowerPoint object model provides the CustomerData class which stores information about a customer (such as name, address, telephone number, and so on) or other information in XML form, as a collection of CustomXMLPart objects associated with a Microsoft PowerPoint object.

Note, you can also use any mechanism available in the .Net world. For example, you can store your data in a XML file.

Monday, November 24, 2014 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response. The CustomerData or CustomXMLPart is not suitable in my case. They are additional info for a specific presentation, not for the whole PowerPoint application.

My case is, even if I close the PowerPoint application (including all presentations), and then I re-open the PowerPoint application, create a new presentation, I still get the previous data.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Monday, November 24, 2014 4:03 PM
  • As I already wrote above, you can use any mechanisms available in the .Net world. For example, you can store your data in a XML file.
    Monday, November 24, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Thanks
    Monday, November 24, 2014 4:08 PM