none
ERROR: Connecting to the LOB system has failed. RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error when trying to connect to my ORACLE DB thru the LOB :

Connecting to the LOB system has failed. 
    ORA-1017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

I use the same read only UID and pass to connect thru my SQL client and it works just fine. What gives?

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:15 PM

Answers

• 1. ORA uses case-sensitive schemaname/user. Try to login through TOAD, SQL+ or SQLDeveloper, in order to check the account information works out.

2. Be sure, that you re-enter the schemaname/user + password in your lob configuration after applying the import of a binding file, since it is not imported.

hth

• Marked as answer by MSDEVTECH Friday, March 2, 2012 12:38 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 1:24 PM

All replies

• 1. ORA uses case-sensitive schemaname/user. Try to login through TOAD, SQL+ or SQLDeveloper, in order to check the account information works out.

2. Be sure, that you re-enter the schemaname/user + password in your lob configuration after applying the import of a binding file, since it is not imported.

hth

• Marked as answer by MSDEVTECH Friday, March 2, 2012 12:38 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 1:24 PM
  • Create ODBC connection  try with odbc name while connecting to LOB at bizTalk.

Make sure you entered write connection details at TNSNAMES.ORA.

Raj, http://rajwebjunky.blogspot.com

• Proposed as answer by rajwebjunky Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:03 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 3:55 PM
  • There's at least 2 ways how to specify the the connection to ORA using the LOB configuration. In the CAS configuration dialog box you select: Binding = "oracleBinding". Set the Value to configure a URI either:

1. URI: oracledb://yourORAServiceNameAsSpecifiedinYourTNSNAMES.ORA

This value represents the "DataSourceName" in the URI Properties dialog.

2. URI: oracledb://yourORAServerHostNamelikelyAsFQN:PortNumber/ServiceNamelikelyAsFQN

This value represents the "ServiceName" and "ServiceType" in the URI Properties dialog.

--------------------------------------

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark as answer and vote helpful. Thanks !

• Edited by Paul Endras Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Endras Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:58 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:29 AM