Uploading document in folder update the list with a link to that document RRS feed

• Question

• So right now our people have a list that tracks objects and there are links to word documents about the object that are in a seperate folder and once a person uploads something to a folder they must get the link go back to the list and put the link in the list. I want to cut out the middle man and was thinking using sharepoint designer if there is a way for when someone uploads a document to the  folder with the same name as the one in the list that it will update the column where your supposed to put the link to that document.
    EDIT: Maybe even just when I create a folder in the library to update the link in the list for an item of the same name would be good.
    • Edited by KyleNedic Friday, June 8, 2012 7:28 PM
    Friday, June 8, 2012 7:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi KyleNedic,

You cannot accomplish this by SharePoint OOTB feature. But you can write a event receiver and handle the ItemUpdated event. And then put all the link in the list in code. Or you can also create a custom action which can put all the link and create a workflow which will be started when item is updated.

Hope that helps,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:56 AM
  • What i really want to know is if it is possible for sharepoint to grab the url that is made when someone uploads a document to a libraray so I can update a list with that url. Is this possible without code?
    Monday, June 11, 2012 2:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by KyleNedic Monday, June 11, 2012 7:41 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 7:41 PM