'Add to my calendar' code for emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me add an "Add to my calendar" link to the bottom of my emails. I work for a company regularly scheduling webinars, and we currently can't work out how to offer this very useful service.

Thanks in advance,

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:39 AM

Answers

• Point the link to an iCalendar/vCalendar file on your server. When the user clicks on it, Outlook imports the ICS file. After clicking Save, the appointment gets saved in the Calendar folder.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

• Proposed as answer by DamianD Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo_Gao Monday, July 9, 2012 1:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:02 PM

All replies

• i assume you want it to work also when seding emails to external users (clients)? or only inside your organization?
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Thanks for your response

Yes, I would like to send to customers too. We use Neolane email marketing software, so would ideally be looking for some html code to add to the content.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:09 AM
  • Well, you could try using normal meeting request that will be recognized by outlook so buttons to accept meeting will be added. Is that suitable for you?

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:41 AM
  • We create the content of our emails using a template block. Emails are sent out through the Neolane system not Outlook. I'm not sure I understand what you mean - how would we use a "normal meeting request" if we are not actually using Outlook?

Thanks again for your time

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:09 PM
  • since this forum is called "Outlook for developers" i assumed that your question is in some way related to outlook. If you do not expect to use outlook on any side (sending or recieving) then i guess some other forums will be more suitable to ask this question.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:46 PM
  • It is related to Outlook - I want to establish a link in emails that will allow customers to schedule events in their Outlook calendars. 

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Point the link to an iCalendar/vCalendar file on your server. When the user clicks on it, Outlook imports the ICS file. After clicking Save, the appointment gets saved in the Calendar folder.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

• Proposed as answer by DamianD Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo_Gao Monday, July 9, 2012 1:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:02 PM