none
How to capture created by and modified by in Access web app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How to log the user who created or modified records in Access web app. I have around 10 tables and I need created by and modified by information for each item in a table similar to SharePoint list.

Note: I am using Access web app on my SharePoint on premise 2013 site.

Thanks & Regards,

• Edited by MonaliB Monday, March 14, 2016 7:37 AM More information added
    • Moved by Patrick_Liang Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:44 AM Access issue
    Monday, March 14, 2016 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi MonaliB,

For getting current user, you could use UserDisplayName Function.

For your requirement, I suggest you remove built in Add button and Edit Button with your own buttons.
    1. Add two fields for CreatedBy and ModifiedBy and drag and drop them to listview.
    2. In Add button and Edit button, set the value for CreatedBy and ModifiedBy with UserDisplayName.

Here is a simple demo for edit button.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here again.

Since the issue is more related to the design of Access Web App, I would like to move it to Access for Developer forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks   

Patrick

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Hi MonaliB,

For getting current user, you could use UserDisplayName Function.

For your requirement, I suggest you remove built in Add button and Edit Button with your own buttons.
    1. Add two fields for CreatedBy and ModifiedBy and drag and drop them to listview.
    2. In Add button and Edit button, set the value for CreatedBy and ModifiedBy with UserDisplayName.

Here is a simple demo for edit button.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:26 AM