none
Can A Calendar Webpart/Apppart Be Displayed For Person Name Selected From a DropDown Control Using JSOM? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to build a SharePoint 2013 overview page of Department Members using JSOM and when I select a particular department member from a dropdown control I  want several things to happen(display member name, display member title, display member calendar). I have some of the above tasks working most of the time, though with some exceptions and bad timing issues. So now I want to work on the cale4ndar part, to display the current Calendar webpart for the member selected. Can this be done using JSOM? If so how do I first get the user information/identity for the member selected and then what do I need to pass to the Calendar Apppart to display the selected member's current calendar?

Thanks for the help.

Henry

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry,

Each user in your site has a separate Calendar list, you want to display different user’s own Calendar list when doing selection in drop down, right?

If this is the case, my suggestion is that, instead of showing different Calendar App part, you can fetch events from a specific Calendar list using JSOM based on the current selection, then display these events in the current page in the style you like.

About how to get the user information/identity for the member selected, there is already method provided in the JSOM, demos below will give you more details:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj920104.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:26 AM
  • Hi Henry,

Any update? Hope you already got a solution now.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:10 AM
  • Patrick, Sorry no. I have had other things to tend to and have not been able to pursue it yet. Sorry for the late response. 

Henry

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:33 PM