none
Evaluating CSF RRS feed

• Question

• I have a heterogeneous environment: Windows and Linux. My web services on Windows use .asmx, and I'm currently upgrading those to WCF. The other web services are just XML-RPC services on Linux systems. Some in my organization want to port all those to web services on J2EE. My question is, with which J2EE systems is CSF competitive, and how can the Linux side of the house create well-enabled services that are CSF-compatible?
    Sunday, November 5, 2006 3:22 PM

Answers

• WCF messages are  wire level compatible with WSE3.0. And CSF3.0 is built on WSE3.0. WCF supports vast range of bindings. By using  appropriate bindings on WCF we should able to get WCF services integrated with CSF.
    Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:40 PM

All replies

• Though any web service regardless of the platform can be consumed by CSF, we advocate for WS-* complaint web services. 

CSF ships with WES Tool kit that  helps build well enabled services on .NET platform.

Well enabled service (WES) defines interfaces related to concepts like Health,Discovery and Provisioning  and Usage (WS-Eventing). Please refer to CSF Developement Guide for further details on WES.

You can build   WES services on Java by implementing above interfaces. But there is no tool that generates skeleton code  Java like WES tool kit does for .NET. 

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 5:38 PM
  • Hi there,

You don't have to have WSE for running a web service in CSF you can create WSE(Web service Enhancement ) wrappers on top of your existing web service and it will run fine. I have recently used a existing web service of a client and done it. That’s very simple too

If you are keen on writing a WES then its your call.

Happy Learning,

Venu 

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 1:24 PM
  • I've just started using Indigo (WCF) for my provisioning web services. How can I integrate those with CSF?

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 3:44 PM
  • WCF messages are  wire level compatible with WSE3.0. And CSF3.0 is built on WSE3.0. WCF supports vast range of bindings. By using  appropriate bindings on WCF we should able to get WCF services integrated with CSF.
    Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:40 PM
  • I totally aggree with Natraj.

Thursday, November 9, 2006 5:35 AM
  • So, you're recommending wsHttpBinding over basicHttpBinding for WSE (WS-*) compatibility?
    Thursday, November 9, 2006 11:40 AM
  • how can I wrap my webservices with WSE. Can you direct me to some examples? My websrevices are on Java
    Thursday, November 23, 2006 6:26 AM
  • You don't have to wrap your services with WSE if your JAVA services follow the WS-* spec.

Thanks

Saturday, November 25, 2006 6:21 PM