none
Display single item from List using XSLT and show total count of all items in list RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple SharePoint 2010 list named "Tips". Each item consists of a Title and Description. I want to display a single item at a time in a sidebar on my site with arrows to advance to the next or previous item in the list. I've been able to accomplish this pretty easily using OOTB SharePoint XSLT list view web part settings and AJAX. However, when I tell the web part to only display 1 item at a time the pager always says it's showing item "1 of 1" or "2 of 2". It won't show the total number of items from the list. I'd like it to show something like item "1 of 25", etc. How do I get it to display the total count of items from the list?  I've looked at possibly using aggregation attributes on a FieldRef but I've not been able to get anything to work. I'm not even sure that's the right place to be looking. I'm needing to accomplish this without writing a custom web part. 

Thanks,
    Jason 

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you customize your XSLT list view web part settings?

Since that you have used AJAX, why not get the total count  using it?

Regards,

Seven

• Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, April 22, 2011 1:39 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you customize your XSLT list view web part settings?

Since that you have used AJAX, why not get the total count  using it?

Regards,

Seven

• Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, April 22, 2011 1:39 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:04 AM
  • Hi there..

I am having the same issue . Can you please upload the "How to" or  a link of this working solution...

Regards

Prath

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:44 AM
  • Steven M - You did not answer the question.  Why is it marked as answered?  Greg

Gregory Frick

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:58 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Have you learned how to do this yet?  I would love to hear how you solved it.

Greg

Gregory Frick

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:59 PM