Limiting items displayed from a linked data source RRS feed

• Question

• I am putting together a summary list on an SP 2007 site showing Status list items pulled from several child sites.  Each child site has its own copy of the Status list, and I am using a linked data source on the master site to roll up all the data.  The Status list on each site can have multiple list items, and right now the roll-up list is showing all of the items on all of those lists.

I want to be able to show only one status item pulled from each list.  This would either be the item with the highest list item ID, or the most recent Created By date, or the lowest available option in a dropdown on the list form.

How could I limit the roll-up list to only one item per child list, using only SP Developer 2007 and the web interface?  I do not have permissions to modify the server, so C# and VB programming are out.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

try with Data View Web Part, link all child lists to the master site in Data View Web Part.

Then at the time of inserting data select "Show single Line" option.

This way all your List data will be displayed on a single page, now choose Filter and sort option for that web part and apply your condition to filter / sort the data, thanks.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Saturday, March 3, 2012 4:14 AM