none
Step Into - Visual Studio 2015 Not working

Question

• I teach Visual Basic and we just moved to 2015 Visual Studio Community.  This term none of my students are able to utilize the step into feature.  I used to use this feature in 2013.  I have a new computer so I know there are no competing files with the 2013 and 2015.  I researched this for several days and tried different methods but the one difference is this is happening to all my solutions not just one.  I am able to debug the application just fine without errors but when I try to do a breakpoint or the step into it will skip over it or now it provides me with the error source not available.  I tried multiple updates to the options but still no luck.  The thing is several students are also having the problem.  I downloaded the Visual Studio IDE and I am using it to create Visual Basic applications. 

I would love to have any advise you can provide.  

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi MirandaUF,

According to your description, it is too strange that step into (F11) does not work in your VS2015 when debug VB project. In my side, I create a new VB project and add some break points to the code, then debug the project, and press F11 to debug it, and it is working.

Please make sure that there is no any error when you build the project, and I suggest you had better create a new project to try again.

Please enabled Debug -> Windows-> Exceptions Settings -> Common Language runtime Exceptions, rebooted your machine. Please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 3:25 AM
  • Hi my friend,

If my reply help you resolved the doubts, please remember to mark it as answer, that could be helpful for others who has the same doubts as yours.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:41 AM