none
Project Server 2010 - SendEmail with data coming from a SharePoint List RRS feed

• Question

• At certain points in my Project Server 2010 custom workflow, I want to send e-mails with the data (To, Subject, Body) coming from a SharePoint list?  How can I query for that dataset?  Thanks!

Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:20 PM

All replies

• HI,

If the data you want to query is related to default Risk/Issues/Document fields, then you can simply use sql query to fetch data from reporting views and include that data in your email.

however, if you have custom columns/list on your project site you need to fetch and included in your email. then you may need to use SP Web services methods to fetch the data from your required list.

you can follow the MSDN article to know more about list web service methods to get data:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/lists.lists.getlistitems(v=office.12).aspx

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Sunday, October 6, 2013 10:47 AM
  • Thanks for the response, Khurram!

In usual MSFT way, it is more difficult than it should be... 

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:16 PM
  • :)

in more simpler way - it requires a development effort to achieve this requirement, even the custom workflow you have mentioned requires development effort.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:20 PM