book mark icon on smart phone for a website like facebook RRS feed

• Question

• i am developing a web application for smart phone. clients wants me to give an icon on the smart phone that will open website in the browser of phone. its same like google provides icon and clicking on that leads you to mobile browser and open google site there.

Regards

Saturday, June 4, 2011 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Aijaz

I'm sorry for reply late. What platform your web application based on? Does it based on ActiveX, Javascript or Flash.

There are some limitation on Windows Mobile IE, so that we hardly to create a web application like IE on Windows. You can find these information from here

Pocket Internet Explorer Application Development

If you use Active X, you need to install the CAB file on your mobile, and then you can access this control based on the Mobile IE. We can not download and install the Active X automatically in Windows mobile. Please see this thread about develop Active X.

ActiveX control in Windows Mobile

If you use Javascript. You can find the limitations from here:

IE Mobile Limitations on WM 5 vs WM6. If you want to ask question about this, I would like you to open a new thread in ASP.NET mobile and HandHeld forum.

At last, if you use Flash, you need ask help from Adobe Community Forums

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this:

<link href="../../Images/ContHealth2.PNG" rel="apple-touch-icon" /> 

Regards, Malleswar
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:57 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

I'm very interested in hearing more about your issue, did you solve your problem?

If so please share the solution with us and mark the right answers.

If not please let me know and I will tray to help you find further solutions.

Have a nice day!

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Jesse i am not sure how to do it. i will highly appreciate if you give some details that how i allow client to use a shortcut icon to launch my web application. i am developing this web application in .net mobile.

Best Regards

Aijaz

Friday, June 17, 2011 5:39 AM
  • Hi Aijaz

I'm sorry for reply late. What platform your web application based on? Does it based on ActiveX, Javascript or Flash.

There are some limitation on Windows Mobile IE, so that we hardly to create a web application like IE on Windows. You can find these information from here

Pocket Internet Explorer Application Development

If you use Active X, you need to install the CAB file on your mobile, and then you can access this control based on the Mobile IE. We can not download and install the Active X automatically in Windows mobile. Please see this thread about develop Active X.

ActiveX control in Windows Mobile

If you use Javascript. You can find the limitations from here:

IE Mobile Limitations on WM 5 vs WM6. If you want to ask question about this, I would like you to open a new thread in ASP.NET mobile and HandHeld forum.

At last, if you use Flash, you need ask help from Adobe Community Forums

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:58 AM
  • Hi Aijaz,

As you want to use short cut icon for Web application, Use the provided tag. That will create short cut on the mobile.

Please let me know if you are facing any problem to understand.

Regards, Malleswar
    Friday, July 1, 2011 9:28 AM