Tester notes longer than a smidge E-R-A-S-E-S page w/o notice RRS feed

• General discussion

• Tester notes that worked before now will erase the page contents of description, version, and xap itself.  And of course the tester notes are gone, also.  I had to go in and cut it to the bone.  Is this a difficult thing to handle, a few hundred characters?  Every place I've ever come across that had some text limit would place a countdown/up to show what's left.  Any indication would have done nicely, but I had no clue why everything was erased every [submit].  I did not know that it was erased until it only gave the [review] button. Went back, all text and xap was gone into some oblivious oblivioness.  Repeat a few times.  I thought, well, what did you expect . . .

Not related, but the page occasionally would say "can't save your junk, try again later" or similar, but it did save.

• Changed type ManInWilderness Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:08 AM
    • Moved by Danny G. - MS Friday, August 17, 2012 6:26 AM (From:Reporting Dev Center problems)
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:07 AM

All replies

• This is an unexpected behavior. Does this only happen when you copy+pate the text into the form? Feel free to submit a support request so we can get further insight on the issue.

Thanks

Windows Phone Dev Center Support http://developer.windowsphone.com

Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:43 AM
  • The text was already there.  I had multiple targets to do so got plenty of unwatned experience in that area.  So, no, it was already there when I did the [submit], and yes, I did copy and then paste it after is was erased.

Reporting Dev Center Problems.  This is the right group, is it not?  Everry single time I report a problem I get a "send screen shots" no matter what.  Sort of stupid, but I've gotten . . . used . . . to . . . it.

Someone mentioned keywords.  I did several updates.  I saw no keyword fields. I am sure those were zapped.  The thrills just keep a comin'

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:16 AM
  • We are seeing the same issue in the certification notes. When I go back from the review page (clicking edit) it clears the notes, the app description and the support email details. I am using IE9. What is the maximum length of text allowed within the certification notes? I would prefer to copy+paste this in as the text box on the form is horribly small. I cannot submit my application until this is fixed as it was rejected based off an ambiguity in the notes. This whole page/process really needs redesigning to be simpler, avoid the hidden form fields and less javascript.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 9:07 AM
  • The text was already there.  I had multiple targets to do so got plenty of unwatned experience in that area.  So, no, it was already there when I did the [submit], and yes, I did copy and then paste it after is was erased.

Reporting Dev Center Problems.  This is the right group, is it not?  Everry single time I report a problem I get a "send screen shots" no matter what.  Sort of stupid, but I've gotten . . . used . . . to . . . it.

Someone mentioned keywords.  I did several updates.  I saw no keyword fields. I am sure those were zapped.  The thrills just keep a comin'

The primary reason we ask for screenshots is so we can verify that you're able to reproduce the issue. This also helps us raise issues to the attention of our engineers for fixes.

I'm going to follow up on this behavior with the appropriate teams. I'll update this thread when there's some helpful info available.

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:49 AM