Extending custom activity designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm re-hosting designercontrol in application. Could somebody tell me how can I achieve something like this:

I have activity SendEmail with only property TO ( rest of configuration is taken from workflow runtime service ).

What I would like to have in application, is some kind of lookup window, that will appear in one of following situations:

- when I right click on that activity (when creating  and in context menu entry like "Set email..." appears. When I click it dialog box appeart, user selects entry and property TO is populated with email, or user login Smile

- or I just click button "..." in property grid and my dialog box appears.

Is it possible ? I know, nothing is impossible Smile Where can I read or see a sample of such thing?

Thanks ,

Paweł

Monday, April 2, 2007 11:18 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure how you can do this from the hosted designercontrol itself, as I haven't really used this part of WF much. However, the kind of behavior you describe would really be best done from the activity's custom ActivityDesigner class itself. This would be better because:

a) It would mean that the designercontrol showing the entire workflow would not have to be aware of any specificis of this SendEmail activity and
    b) the new functionality would be available on *any* application hosting the WF workflow designer (including VS itself).
    Monday, April 2, 2007 11:44 PM