Debugger issues with Embedded Compact 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I can develop and debug native code just fine on CE6 devices.  However whenever I attempt to on CE7, I have a couple of huge issues. 

When debugging a native .exe, I cannot single step.  I can set and hit breakpoints just fine, but any attempt to single step just acts as if I had hit run.  Ultimately to single step I have to put a breakpoint on every line, which gets rather tedious.

When debugging a native .dll, I cannot set a breakpoint.  Any attempt to set a breakpoint causes a "The remote connection to the device has been..." error and I need to reboot the device.

Has anyone resolved an issue like this? (If there is a better forum for this let me know).

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you intstall the following update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2483802. This yould fix the single step issue.
    MVP Windows Embedded
    • Marked as answer by SimonRev Friday, May 13, 2011 2:56 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Solved both problems.  Thank you very much.

One thing I noticed in the KB article was that a new directory would be available for CE7 headers and libraries in the compiler directory.  Does that imply that there is a TR1 update somewhere for CE7?  If so, does anyone know where to get it?

Friday, May 13, 2011 2:58 PM