none
How to get Folder auto complete in Visual Studio 2015?

Question

• My folder auto complete isn't working anymore.

Before I can type src="~/" and it will give me a list of suggested folders and images in my CONTENT folder.

Now it doesn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do to resolve this?

EDIT:

Hi sir,

Omg ~ Thank you so much for the assistance. I forgot to check the file extension as it should be cshtml instead of my html. Now src="" works ! Thought my file was corrupted the whole time....

Sorry for the stupid question I just started learning visual studio. 

Thanks again for the help ! 

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Could please tell what kind of project did you build?

As I could get src="" auto complete work in my side which is in the Web application:

However, if I add a html file in other project, the auto complete is not supposed to work.

Best regards,

Fletcher  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nick Yuan Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick Yuan,

This forum discuss the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Since your issue is more related to visual studio general, we'll move it to VS general forum for support.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi Nick,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Could please tell what kind of project did you build?

As I could get src="" auto complete work in my side which is in the Web application:

However, if I add a html file in other project, the auto complete is not supposed to work.

Best regards,

Fletcher  

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nick Yuan Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:03 AM