none
Calender RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi ,

In my current .Net 2.0 project ( ASP.NET WITH VB.NET & SQL SERVER)  , I have requirment to develop the Team calender ,which should show "Employees v/s Time"(Working Hours).  all the related data will  be stored in the DB.

ex  :      Day View

10-11        11-12        12-1

Vijay             Leave

Sujay           Project1                     Project2  

Arvind          Project1   Project1     Project1  

Guide us,                

I need to develop three different view ( Day  Week , Month)

I need to represent the status in Color.

Suggest us a solution to implement this.

Monday, September 3, 2012 7:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• You want to bind a DataGridview to your database.  To get multiple view you can do 3 different things

1)  You can add a multipage object with 3 pages and then create 3 datagridview (day,week,month) putting a different view on each page.

2) You can create 3 datagridview object (day,week,month) making only one of these object visible at any time.  Switching views will simple change the one that is visible.

3) Use one datagridview and change the number of columns in the datagridview depedning on the view you have selected.  The binding code will be more complicated using a single datagridview then with 3 different objects.

I listview can be used instead of a datagridview, but the listview has less functionality.  See this webpage

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fbk67b6z.aspx

jdweng

Monday, September 3, 2012 10:33 AM
  •   Thanks for your suggestions.

I agree with your option 2..It will be bit easier to implement. 

During Data binding to gridview , I want to know how best we can reflect the data(status)  in color( insteading of iterating through the cell & fill with color..it will hit the performance).

ex :    if  status =  available (Green) ,  Leave (Yellow) , Holiday ( Grey).

Guide us..

Monday, September 3, 2012 10:49 AM
  • Use one of the event shown on the webpage below.  You can use Bindingcontentchange and/or CellValuechange for example.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.datagridview_events.aspx

jdweng

Monday, September 3, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion.

I want to know to set the background color cell during the data binding based on Data(Status). 

We have tried with looping through each cell in a row & setting background color. but not satisfied with performance & amount of code written to handle this.

so is there is any alternative are there to handle this.

Guide us...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:36 AM
  • Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:55 PM