none
File or assembly name hpqfmrsc, or one of its dependencies, was not found. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3.  I've got Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366), Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2, and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 listed in Add or Remove Programs.

This untitled dialog box shows up when I boot up before I run any applications.  I'd like to fix it.  Please help.
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, August 3, 2009 4:07 AM Do not follow up
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, August 3, 2009 4:07 AM Do not follow up
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:36 PM

All replies

• See if this link helps:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jclarknet/archive/2005/07/21/420126.aspx

The suggestions are to turn off Indexing Service or give full access permission to Windows Temp folder.

How to turn off Indexing service.

...and to give full access to the Windows temp folder:

1. Make sure Simple File Sharing in off. In My Computer, go Tools -> Folder Options..., select the view tab and scroll to the bottom of the Advanced settings box. Uncheck "Use simple file sharing".
    2. Navigate to the WINDOWS directory (usually C:\Windows) and right click on the Temp folder. Click Properties and in the Security tab, select your user group name and check Allow next to Full control. Click Apply and OK.
    3. Restart the computer and see if the problem still exists.

If it doesn't work then it may be caused by something else. Another suggestion says it's a bug in the XmlSerializer namespace. Have a closer look at the link and see what you can find.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Thank you for Etisoppo's kindly help.

Hi ChrisSlovacek,

Etisoppo has posted some good suggestions for you. Please have a try.

Here is also another workaround for your issue. If Etisoppo's suggestion doesn't work, could you please try this one?
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jclarknet/archive/2005/08/18/422994.aspx

To eliminate the cause of .NET Framework, could you please try .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify all the .NET Frameworks on your machine?

If it still dosen't work, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:52 AM
  • Hi ChrisSlovacek,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 4:07 AM