Error message help RRS feed

• Question

• I began debugging one of my forms today and received a strange error message.

Using:
    Visual Studio 2005 - Visual Basic
    SQLServer Express 2005

I was at a breakpoint where some writing to a table in the database was happening. All of the sudden this message came up and my only option was "OK".

ContextSwitchDeadlock was detected
    Message: The CLR has been unable to transition from COM context 0x1a2008 to COM context 0x1a2178 for 60 seconds. The thread that owns the destination context/apartment is most likely either doing a non pumping wait or processing a very long running operation without pumping Windows messages. This situation generally has a negative performance impact and may even lead to the application becoming non responsive or memory usage accumulating continually over time. To avoid this problem, all single threaded apartment (STA) threads should use pumping wait primitives (such as CoWaitForMultipleHandles) and routinely pump messages during long running operations.

I have no understanding as to what this is trying to tell me so any help would be appreciated. This is my 2nd form that I have received this message on. After this message displayed all of my database interaction went haywire. I am writing records to a working table by using Insert SQL statments and just appending new records to the end of the table. I had some records appear out of order as if they had just been inserted into the very middle of the table instead of at the end. On top of that, after this message appeared and I hit "OK" it started writing records at the top of the table forcing everything that had previously been written down. I have never encountered this problem before in any programming that I have done, so right now I am confused on how to fix this.

After I hit "OK", a message box pops up and says:
    "No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code can not be displayed" This is an error from Visual Studio that will allow only a press of the "OK" button.

EDIT:
    After running more breakpoint debugging processes, it would appear that the Insert statments are going bonkers as soon as I get this message. Instead of appending, they are starting back over at the very top of the table forcing the previous records down and out of order.
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:57 PM

Answers