Cache Transforms supported in Azure SSIS Runtime (DF v2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, 

Since cache transforms are the essential components and widely used by number of customers in order to make their SSIS packages lookup efficient, wondering how cache transforms behaves when taking life and shift approach and after deploying everything on Azure SSIS runtime.

Specifically got a basic question, Are .caw i.e. file based cache are supported in Azure SSIS runtime, If not then what would be the workarounds for using the cache transforms in Azure DF v2? 

Thanks in advance. 

Bhushan Gawale | RapidCircle

Monday, March 12, 2018 5:48 PM

All replies

• Cache Transform should work fine with Azure-SSIS IR and you can store .caw file in the current working directory (.)/temporary folder (%TEMP%) of your nodes, so let us know if you run into any issue.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:40 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, Would be great if you can suggest the exact working directory / temp file path that can be used there, would check that out by deploying to Azure SSIS runtime and confirm if it works there or not.

Bhushan Gawale | RapidCircle

Friday, March 16, 2018 12:46 PM
  • Hi, Have you found your solution?
    We are migrating from On-Premise to Azure and we have 1 big .caw file for lookup used across few packages.

I have no idea how to set this up on Azure. 
    I did run creation package for this file and set folder as ./TEMP/mycawfile.caw, it , somehow "created" (package ran with success) but when i run another package and try to read this file i have error that file doesn't exists or i dont have premission to read it.

Any help?
    Friday, December 21, 2018 10:05 AM
  • Hi All,
    Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Maciej.
    • Proposed as answer by Damien Maresma Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:09 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Damien Maresma Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:56 PM
  • Did you enable the "Misc/Configurations" properties of the control flow task to "Enable package configurations" checkbox and setup a new configuration to map your environment variable TEMP to a package's scope variable value ?

• Edited by Damien Maresma Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by MaciejReplin Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:08 PM
  • Yep that seems to do the trick.  I can now save caw file to temp and move it to ADL.
    Thnaks.
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:17 AM