none
Windows store app distribution to Server computers RRS feed

• Question

• I couldn't find a recent thread on this topic, hence the questions.

The App I'm going to publish is a DAC converted win32 App (Free+) which is a file system utility. It's useful on Server computers too.

Questions:

1) How can I make sure that it can not be installed on a Server machine from the regular Windows Store. There does not seem to be an option in devices selection.

2) How can I submit a separate version of this app that can be installed on a Server machine and be used by business users at a different price? Does the store have those features? The App is not going to be Free in this case but a Free Trial/Purchase.

I have heard mentions of "Windows store for business", Side loading, etc but I can't find a single article describing all these features.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:18 AM

Answers

• Hi SanjaySk,

>1) How can I make sure that it can not be installed on a Server machine from the regular Windows Store. There does not seem to be an option in devices selection.

This seems impossible to config this in the Dashboard now.

>2) How can I submit a separate version of this app that can be installed on a Server machine and be used by business users at a different price? Does the store have those features? The App is not going to be Free in this case but a Free Trial/Purchase.

No,for the same app, we cannot set different prices for users which use different devices.

I have heard mentions of "Windows store for business", Side loading, etc but I can't find a single article describing all these features.

You could refer to Distribute LOB apps to enterprises for Windows Store for business app and this blog for sideloading apps 

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SanjaySk Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:03 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:08 AM