none
Allow multiple users to sign document using a parallel collect signature workflow

Question

• Hi, I have created a Word document with multiple signature lines assigned to different individuals.  I would like the workflow to assign the tasks to each signer in parallel to reduce the time it will take to complete the document.  When I set up the Collect Signature Workflow this way and start it, the signature of the first person who attempts to sign the document is applied to the first signature line in the document, not the signature line that is associated with their user ID/email address.  How can I set up the workflow in parallel so that each time a signer tries to complete their task it will allow them to sign their designated signature line?  Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi castrom829

Thank you for your question.

We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:13 AM
  • I am encountering the exact same issue.  If I tell them to just go to view signatures and find theirs and sign it, then it does not update the workflow task so we cannot tell who has signed and who has not. It is not an option to send as serial.  We have several signers and they do not want to have to wait on someone else.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Yea, so far no one has been able to provide me with a real solution to this issue. For now we are working around it by using an Approval Workflow and instructing each Approver to view signatures, find theirs and sign it before clicking Approve in order to update the workflow.  It's not ideal but it works.
    Friday, April 21, 2017 2:30 PM
  • That sounds like an option, did you use the OOTB approval workflow?

Monday, April 24, 2017 2:23 PM