Scheduled Task is running,but task is not happening when the user acoount is logged off Windows 7 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am having a problem while trying to schedule a task when the user account is logged off. My program works fine when the the user account is logged on.

Below is the summary what I am trying to do in my program:-
    "I am scheduling a task to call an access macro which in turns call a mdb file to retrieve some data from oracle database. I have set the ODBC connection to fetch the data from oracle database and it is working perfect. Then I have written an email module in access VBA to sent record set output to some recipients."

Now the problem is sceduling the task when the user account is logged on it is running and publishing the email perfectly, but when the user account logged off, the task sceduler seems to call the access marco and changes its running status but records sets from the oracle database are not extracted .Could anyone please help ?

I have enabled the option "Run whether the user is logged on or not" and checked the option "Run with higher Priviledges". I also ensure that the user account belongs to admin domain.

Any fix please ??

Thanks,
    Mishra

Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:37 PM

Answers

• 1.  Does your ODBC DSN use Windows Pass-Through authentication to access the data in Oracle database?

2.  Does the set of Table(s) in the Oracle database you need to fetch the required data set have restrictions and can only be accessed with suitable permissions, e.g. permissions for the authenticated user?

3.  Have you checked the Oracle log to see if there are warnings about access denials at the time your Windows Scheduled Task is run?

I suspect that your set-up uses Windows Pass-Through authentication and when there is no actual user logs on to the local OS,  Windows Pass-Through authentication will see as no user logging on and if so, Oracle will deny access to the Tables and hence your Schedule Task will not be able to retrieve the required data.

In my case, I use SQL Server and for Scheduled Task accessing SQL Server data, I use SQL Server authentication and hence avoid Windows Pass-Through authentication.

Van Dinh

• Marked as answer by George Hua Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:25 PM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 12:05 AM