Emultar help-getting started RRS feed

• Question

• User1075921594 posted

HI forums.

I have a few very "novice" problems. they're kind of hindering me getting started with asp. net mobile controls. Id really appreciated some help.

**** I have visual studio 2005 & compact framework installed****

*** i am using asp.net development server on local host*** 

Problem 1) emulators

I cant seem to get any emulators to work to test my mobile controls. I have tried using openwave 7.0 mobile phone emulater, the latest nokia emulator & the emulators that come with visual studio. The mobile controls work fine in a browser but when i direct the emulator to say URL "http://localhost:3998/emulatorTest/form1.aspx" the emulator say it cant make a connection or resolve the address? Is this due to me using localhost and not having a real network??

Problem 2) samples

Ive looked on various sites looking for information on sample applications to get me started. They all refer to the MMIT tutorial that ships with the package. As far as im aware visual studio does not come with MMIT (it dosnt exist any more?).

Is there a tutorial or sample application that comes visual studio 2005 / mobile controls?

I know these are very basic questions but I cant seem to find the answers.

Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

CRS 

Monday, November 27, 2006 1:33 PM

All replies

• User-891526991 posted
    I think u missed to set the emulators to connect to internet. For eg, Pocket PC & openwave have to be properly set to get connected to Internet.
    Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:32 AM