none
Cannot find EntityFunctions in Entity Framework 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Is it breaking change that EntityFunctions are not included,  just Alpha 2 limitation or something is wrong in my environment?

UPD: Or are they database specific?

UPD: Ok, found SqlFunctions, but is it T-SQL specific? And where is TruncateTime?
    Monday, February 18, 2013 4:36 PM

Answers

• Nevermind, I found that EntityFunctions called DbFunctions now, it looks like it contains same methods as in previous versions. Database providers have additional features like SqlFunctions for SQL Server I found initially and had wondering "why they changed signatures" :)
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi AlikDev,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

How did you use EntityFunction? EntityFunctions.TruncateTime can only appear within a LINQ to Entities query.

Entity Framework 6 doesn’t release. Do you mean the Entity Framework 6 you are using is downloaded from codeplex?

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Nevermind, I found that EntityFunctions called DbFunctions now, it looks like it contains same methods as in previous versions. Database providers have additional features like SqlFunctions for SQL Server I found initially and had wondering "why they changed signatures" :)
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:57 PM